Eagle Bend Apostolic Church is an Apostolic church. As Apostolics, we endeavor to “continue in the faith which was once delivered to the saints.” (Jude v.3) We believe that everything we need to live by and believe for salvation is found in the Bible. As such, we believe the following:
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and our guidebook for living. It gives us a true history of the creation of the heavens, the earth, and of mankind. It tells us, correctly, of events to come regarding the heavens, earth, and the destiny of man. There is no salvation outside of that which is contained in its pages.
- We believe in One God, the creator and sustainer of all things, who manifest Himself as the Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost (indwelling Spirit) in the New Testament church.
- We believe that because of original sin (the sin of Adam and Eve) all mankind is born in a fallen state and is in need of a Savior (Romans 5:12).
- The plan of salvation is most concisely stated in the book of Acts, chapter 2, verses 38 and 39, and is found woven and confirmed throughout the entirety of the Bible. Salvation consists of deliverance from sin through the blood of Christ. This is accomplished by repentance from sin, water baptism (by immersion) in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
- God is Holy, and he requires us to pursue holiness (separation) unto him. Leviticus 19:2 “…you shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.” I Peter 2:9, II Corinthians 7:1
To find out more about the way we believe, we encourage you to visit one of our Sunday worship services. Also, you may email us, or call (865) 457-4357